Cooking creatively for two can be a challenge at times, but when I serve this Maple Pecan Spinach salad my meal comes alive! It’s also beyond easy and takes just a few minutes to whip up.
The maple and olive oil dressing is sweet, yet tart, and goes beautifully with a plate of fresh baby spinach or a spring lettuce mix. Toss in a few nutritional powerhouses like fruits and nuts for extra nutrition.
It’s so simple—start with baby spinach or a pretty baby spring salad mix, one that has arugula, spinach, green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce etc., and add whatever fruits and nuts you like. My favourites are toasted pecans, walnuts, pears, and blackberries.
The dressing is what makes this salad. Whisk it up and serve it on the side—allow people decide how much, or how little they want.
Maple Pecan Spinach Salad
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- baby spinach or a spring salad mix with arugula, spinach, green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, etc.
- any combination of raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, dried cranberries, etc.
- pecans, walnuts
- Put olive oil, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and whisk
- Place spinach and/or spring salad mix on individual plates
- Sprinkle desired fruits and nuts on top and place a sliced pear on the side
- Allow people to drizzle on the dressing as desired
- high in Vitamin A
- low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol
- good source of Niacin and Zinc, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Manganese
- rich in bioflavonoids and Vitamin C
- have one of the highest antioxidant levels of all fruits
- high in fibre
- high in Vitamin C
- high in antioxidants (don’t peel and dip in a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning if desired)
- high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and a good source of protein
More from our Shop
A printed background is one of the easiest ways to add personality and style to your flat lay photography. With so many choices available in our Shop, there’s sure to be a perfect fit for your aesthetic, whether it be rustic or contemporary.