I’m in the Christmas recipe sharing mood and these chocolate truffles are not only scrumptious, but super easy to make. They scream “Christmas” and make for a beautiful image. I love how they catch the light in the vintage bowl, creating shadows and depth.
Frame the image with fir or pine boughs, throw a few stars around, and you have set a perfectly festive mood for your flat lay photography.
I’ve shared the recipe below .. enjoy!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 oz. square unsweetened chocolate melted
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup icing sugar.
- Blend in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- At low speed, blend in flour and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine icing sugar and cocoa, roll cooled cookies in cocoa mixture.
- Store in an airtight container.