Frequently Asked Questions
What are the backgrounds made of?
Super Smooth 15 oz Matte Vinyl
How do you get your images?
Many of my backgrounds are created from photos I’ve taken with my Nikon D750 in RAW format then edited in Lightroom and Photoshop. Photography backgrounds are something I’m constantly looking for; old wooden doors, rusty metal trays, and recently, even my garage floor! I don’t think a person can have too many photography backgrounds!
I also purchase full size, high quality images and pay for licencing for up to 500 prints. Guaranteed.
What sizes are available?
24″ x 36″
Are the backgrounds waterproof and stain proof?
All backgrounds are waterproof but not stain proof. Use caution to avoid spillage and wipe immediately to avoid staining (especially colourful fruit such as raspberries or strawberries).
Are the backgrounds heat resistant?
No, the backgrounds are not heat resistant and will become distorted if exposed to heat so do not place hot dishes directly on the background.
What is the best way to store them?
Roll loosely and store in the sturdy mailing tube it’s shipped in, or lay flat.
Never fold your backgrounds! folding will produce creases that may not come out.
Why does the colour of my background look slightly different than the background I ordered online?
All monitors display colour and brightness differently, and when you are shooting your own images, different light situations result in different tones: morning light is blue (cool), afternoon and evening light is yellow (warm).
How do I use the backgrounds?
For flat lays, we recommend placing the background on a smooth surface such as a large piece of white foam core (available at most craft stores). The backgrounds are well suited for top-down photography with the camera placed at least 2-3 feet above your subject. In a vertical image, use small bits of masking tape or clips to secure the background to foam core, and position it behind your scene.
Where are the backgrounds created?
The backgrounds are created in Canada and/or the United States.
How do I order and what type of payment do you accept?
- Visit our SHOP, choose your backgrounds and proceed to checkout.
- We accept PayPal.
- All prices are quoted in US Dollars.
- Customer is responsible for all import duties and taxes that may be incurred.
- November through March we ship from the United States to Canada and Canadian duties and taxes may apply.
What about Shipping?
- Currently shipping to Canada and the United States.
- Not in Canada or the United States? Contact me for information on shipping and delivery times.
- November through March we ship from the United States to Canada. When shipping from the United States to Canada, Canadian duties and taxes may apply. From April to November we ship from Canada and no Canadian duties or taxes will apply.
- Backgrounds are shipped in durable tubes.
- Shipping is by Canada Post or USPS.
- Shipping costs vary and are calculated at checkout.
What about returns?
Returns are accepted if you are not completely happy with your purchase.
Returns must be made within 14 days and must be in good condition. Please choose carefully as you must pay the return shipping costs. Please contact us prior to returning the item.
In the unlikely event that the background is damaged in shipping, please contact us immediately with photos and description of damage.